Drinking water is either second nature to you or you’re like one of many of us out there who struggle with their water intake. Do you get hit with those pesky headaches that come out of nowhere during the day or constant digestive issues that make you wonder what you did wrong? These could be due to something as simple as inadequate water consumption.
Especially now that most of us are working from home, maybe you’ve lost the habit of going to the water cooler every morning to fill up that bottle of water? We get it and that’s why we’re here to give you easy tips and tricks to up your water intake and yes, we’ll give you all the reasons why you should up your intake, from a healthy gut all the way to glowing skin and everything else in between.
We all know that it is the single largest component of human body comprising about 50-70% of total body weight. Even with zero caloric value and easily availability —our modern-day routine has addictive options like caffeine (hello 3pm slump!), soda, juices etc.
We’re here to change that and make water your best friend! Here’s how:
- Steep fresh fruit/herbs like cucumber, lemon slices, mint leaves into your water
- Drink a glass after every bathroom break
- Hydrate after you workout
- If you’re a techie there are several apps out there to track your water intake
- Keep a bottle of water, ideally something that holds 1 liter wherever you sit (near the couch, on your work desk, on the kitchen counter)
- Set reminders on your phone for every hour as a gentle reminder to yourself
- Invest in a good filter to make the most of your water intake
- Add fruits and vegetable with high water content in your diet like watermelon, cucumber & so many more.
- Every time you head to the kitchen to make yourself coffee/tea drink a glass of water before enjoying your beverage.
- Last but not the least reward yourself every time you hit your goal.
Want to look younger, diminish fine lines and improve skin health? Gulp… gulp… gulp… yes! Here are more benefits of H2O.
- Improves skin tone
- Prevents premature aging
- Reduces puffiness
- Prevents acne
- Maintains your pH balance
- Promotes a healthy gut
So, how much water should you drink everyday? Experts believe that men need on an average of 3.7 liters of a water a day, while women need an average of 2.7 liters of water a day.
If you still think you need more assistance in coming up with a plan personalized just for you, book your tele-consultation with Syncremedies and we are here to hear you out and guide you along your path to better health.