Eye is a beautiful creation to mankind, which is a perhaps a precious gift we have. A good eye sight is responsible for every activity we do in our daily life, starting from getting down from the bed in the morning to going back to bed in the night. Therefore eye should be given at the most importance.
With today’s changing life style and excess usage of electrical gadgets, we tend to ignore the most important sense organ EYE; thereby leading to strained eyes.
How do you know you are straining your eyes?
Symptoms which indicate your eyes are prey to electrical gadgets:
- Frequent watering of eyes
- Redness of eyes
- Delayed lens accommodation
- Blurring of vision
- Frequent head aches while using electrical gadgets
- Sensitivity to light or bright sunlight
What are my activities which harm my eye?
It is better to prevent than to search for a cure!
- Excessive usage of electrical gadgets(like television, computers, laptops, cell phones, video games) specially in dark room.
- Very hot water shower
- Getting exposed to chemicals or crackers
- Vigorous rubbing of eyes
- Usage of cosmetic
- Lack of sleep
- Insufficient consumption of water
- Improper diet
- Not meeting your ophthalmologist regularly
What are the eye exercises which will help strained eyes and also improve eyesight?
Simple exercises which can be performed at home on daily basis.
- Rub your palms and place them on your eyes, this will improve blood circulation and gives warmth to the eye.
- Concentrate on the tree around you, for 30-50 seconds. Then look away for 30 seconds. Repeat for 5 sets.
- Bounce a tennis ball, move your eye ball accordingly. Repeat for 5 sets.
- Light a candle in a dark room, close your right eye with right palm, look at the blue flame in the candle, until your eye starts watering, repeat with left eye closed. Then with both your eyes open. Repeat for 3 sets.
Nutrition which will enhance your eye sight!
- Vegetables – green leafy vegetables, carrot, capsicium, beetroot, raddish, sweet potatoes, broccoli, cucumber
- Fruits – kiwi, blueberry, straw berry, melons, guava, grapes, melons, orange
- Non-veg – fish ( salmon, sardines) egg
Home remedy that can help strained eyes!
- Instillation of Ghee: When your eyes are tired after a long with with laptop, try this home remedy.
- Wash your eye with warm water.
- Warm HOME MADE ghee with warm water.
- Pull out the left lower eye lid and instill 2 drops of ghee, repeat with right eye.
- After this keep your eyes closed and rest for 20-30 min. This will relax your lens and nourish it.
- Cucumber: Cut 2 slices of cold cucumber and place on your eyes until the coolness lasts.
- Simple cold fermentation: take ice cube wrapped in cotton cloth and place on your eye until pain subsides.
- Aloe Vera: pulp mixed with rose water gives a coolant effect. Can be used after a stressful day.
Overall it can be summed up that for good vision, eye exercise and lifestyle plays an important role. However, sometimes there is a medication intervention essential based on the severity of the condition and associated health concerns which are the reason for impaired vision.
At Syncremedies, meet with 3 doctors from Allopathy, Ayurveda & Homoepathy TOGETHER to offer the most effective solution to your concern.
Modern medicine can facilitate in immediate control of the symptom and traditional medicine can aid in treating the concern from its root in the long run.
Each consult lasts a duration of 40 minutes with a treatment plan that encapsulates Diet, Exercise, Therapy and medication essential to control and treat hair fall.
You can meet the doctors online through a video consult at the convenience of your home or visit a clinic near you.