It’s summer time and it’s also time for the summer vacations, which means parents need to gear up for all the fun and frolic their kids are up-to this season. With summer comes the heat, sweat and high humidity levels leaving everyone exhausted and de-energized.
There’s something about this season that makes kids run faster and play harder. Therefore, parents need to be careful and ensure their kids safety from the unbeatable heat. Here are some simple tips to help your child stay healthy while enjoying the vacations outdoors.
Follow these basic tips of eating right, drinking tight, wearing light amongst few others for a happy summer!
- Prevent dehydration: It’s important for everyone to have plenty of water during summer. Kids do not fancy drinking plain water, so to keep them hydrated and induce a healthy drinking habit, provide fresh juices, coconut water, butter milk or lemon juice as refreshments to replenish the fluids that are lost in sweat.
- Pick what your kid eats:
- Avoid junk and spicy food like pizza, pasta and burgers
- Instead go for fresh fruits like watermelons, muskmelons, chikoo and kiwi, which are not only healthy but also help in preventing dehydration.
- Choose appropriate clothing:
- Pick light, airy cotton/ soft fabric clothes
- Dress kids in protective clothing and hats; clothing is an excellent barrier of ultra violet rays
- Use Sunscreen:Apply sunscreen with at-least 15 SPF liberally, 15 to 30 minutes prior to sun exposure, so it can get absorbed into the skin.
- Never leave children alone in a car: Temperatures in cars can raise 19 degrees per 10 minutes and children are at a greater risk of heat strokes as their bodies’ heat up quickly.Summer is time for having fun, so don’t decide to keep your kids locked indoor.
Just make sure you and others are informed about these simple health tips for a safe summer. For further information on building your child’s immunity this summer, connect with us at +91 8884886567 or visit us at www.syncremedies.com.