Face, is the reflection of the human mind. A look at the mirror and saying a “wah” unquestionably improves your confidence and thus indeed, has a lot more to do than a mere cosmetic value. All of us want beautiful, spotless and glowing face and practice some or the other form of skin care regimes.
Cosmetic industry today, realizes this boost to self-esteem that people gain and has gone all out in increasing their spend on R&D for skin care products and marketing what sells. With “dermatologically tested” tags, popular celebrity ambassadors, natural from the untouched mountains claims, No. 1 cream, claims have gone way too tall. Chain of parlors and salons are also competing in this space of skin care, promising a beautiful and healthy face. From babas to babies no stone has been left un-turned.
However, each individual is different:
- Sometimes it might just be your genetic makeup. Few are bestowed with a healthy and glowing skin, but for others, it is something that they might not be too proud off.
- Sometimes all these skin care cosmetics and treatments might work and many other times may not make any difference.
- For a lot of people today, it might be a lifestyle related issue; what you eat, drink, breathe makes a lot of difference on your face.
So, at-least to start off with let’s look at a few skin care tips and regimes to follow that may potentially help us get our grandmothers natural charm and glow.
- Most important tip, for all those who use some cosmetic or the other: The skin over your face is more sensitive than the rest of the body. Hence, test your cosmetic or anything before you apply. Try under your chin area and leave about and an hour or so, to make sure there is no adverse reaction. So any face wash, cream or product we want to start off with, do remember to conduct a patch test.
Also, do remember there any fragile areas on your face! The skin over your face has different thickness at different sites- the skin under the eyes, around the lips are the most fragile areas. Care should be taken not to scrub hard over these areas. Spare them from applying a face mask.
- Most spoken about – Cleanse, Tone & Moisturize: It is necessary to keep your face clean and well hydrated as this is the part of the body which gets most exposed to the external environment. Wash preferably with cool water 4-5 times a day; optionally, a gentle face wash may be used. Choosing your face wash is also equally important, as the skin texture varies from person to person. Another important part is how you dry the face. A gentle tap with a clean, soft towel will be the best way to retain the softness and smoothness rather than rubbing a rough towel over it. Use a toner to balance out the pH of your skin and then moisturize well.
- Your skin reflect what you eat and drink: Yes, I would say. Avoiding oily and spicy food helps to maintain a lustrous skin. Drinking at least 7-8 glasses of water will prevent dryness and keeps the skin hydrated.
- Your face reflects your mind! Therefore, stress relieving methods are ideal to keep your face brightening, shining and thus deliver a glamorizing personality!
Home remedies to have a clear skin, spotless and glowing face!
- Remedy for protecting your skin from pollution: adding a few drops of olive oil to a piece of cotton and wiping it every night will help to remove the dirt. This should be followed by washing the face with a gentle face wash.
- Remedy for natural cleansing and bleaching effect: Add a teaspoon of sugar to three teaspoons of lemon juice. Apply it over face in circular motion and wash off after a few minutes. Sugar acts as a scrub and exfoliate the skin whereas lemon juice has a bleaching effects. Apply the same over the neck also, adding on the extra benefit.
- Remedy for tan removal: A teaspoon of yogurt with few drops of lemon juice acts as a natural bleach. Applying it after coming from the hot sun has profound effects.
- Remedy for oily skin: cleanse thoroughly with a paste of (besan) Gram flour as it has inherent drying effects and removes the oil completely.
- Remedy for dry skin – a scrub twice a week with a paste of honey, pulp of papaya fruit and neem leaves.
- Remedy for arid and dry weather, it is highly recommended to moisten your face with the help of a natural moisturizer Aloe vera gel, serves as the best option as a natural moisturizer.
Some products which will help further enhance your beauty:
- Rose water, undoubtedly serves as a natural face toner.
- Anage old Indian traditional practice of applying a paste of (haldi) Turmeric, a natural antibiotic, helps to remove the dirt and any impurities of any sort.
- One glass of carrot juice thrice a week helps to improve the skin tone; as it has free radicals and beta carotene to improve skin health.
- Natural sunlight block saffron with honey: make a paste with this mixture and protect your face from suntan.
Do try these home remedies and tips to help you with your problem.
Do remember if the issue persists, it could be due to hormonal reasons, inherent or underlying health concerns that need attention. There are evidences bolstering the use of alternative medicine to retain the vitality in the most natural way. Therefore, a comprehensive approach of medicaments, maintaining hygiene, healthy diet and retaining a healthy mind are pivotal for a charming face.
At Syncremedies, meet with 3 doctors from Allopathy, Ayurveda & Homoepathy TOGETHER to offer the most effective solution to your concern. Modern medicine can facilitate in immediate control of the symptom and traditional medicine can aid in treating the concern from its root in the long run.
Each consult lasts a duration of 40 minutes with a treatment plan that encapsulates Diet, Exercise, Therapy and medication essential to control and treat your health concern.
You can meet the doctors online through a video consult at the convenience of your home or visit a clinic near you.