Women today, are busier than they ever use to be; trying balance the demands of household chores, work, and kids and to add to it the pressure to look and eat a certain way, it can be difficult for any woman to take time out for herself and take care of themselves.
As a woman I am aware it can be challenging but there are some basic things that we as women should and can do to take on the path to better health!
It’s not hard to travel the healthier route, it begins with some simple tweaks to your lifestyle.
To have healthy life try these tips:
- Eat right: It can be difficult for any women to maintain a healthy diet, but eating a balanced, nutritious diet is especially important for women. Not only can right food support your mood, boost your energy and help you maintain a healthy weight, but it can also be a huge support through the different stages of women’s life.
- Eat more fruits and veggies.
- Choose whole grains.
- Try brown rice instead of white
- Switch to whole wheat bread/ chapattis/pasta.
- Choose lean proteins like poultry, fish, beans and legumes.
- Cut down on processed foods, sugar, salt and saturated fat.
- Eating healthy doesn’t mean you have forgo your favorite piece of chocolate or cake, binging on now and then is a good option.
- Drink more water :
- It can help you to lose weight
- It improves your mood
- It can prevent kidney diseases
- It can make you run faster and safer
- Ensure good intake of supplements: Women are at a higher risk of vitamin deficiency. Whether women in her 20’s, 40’s or 70’s, our body needs enough supplements. So make sure to consume foods rich in Vitamin A, Vitamin B, Vitamin C, Vitamin D, Vitamin E, Vitamin K, Iron, Iodine, Magnesium, Calcium and Omega 3-fish oils.
- Have a proper exercise regimen: Exercise every day, the more active you are the better. Exercise boasts your heart health, builds muscle bone strength and avoids health problems.
- Aim for 2 hours of moderate activity like brisk walking or dancing once a week.
- If you are ok with vigorous exercise, stick to 1 hour and 15 minutes of activities such as running or playing tennis.
- If you’re busy, try short burst of activities through the day like take the stairs instead of lift, park your car away from your destination.
- Log 7-8 hours of sleep: Sleep is important for various aspects of brain and body function. Good undisturbed sleep:
- increases concentration, productivity and performance
- enhances memory
- improves your immune function
- decreases risk for diseases such as diabetes, heart conditions, obesity and obstructive sleep apnea
- Cut down your stress: You probably can’t avoid stress altogether, but can find ways to ease the impact. Don’t take on too much; try to set limits for yourself and others. Stress can have significant health consequences, like depression, anxiety and heart diseases, so breathe in and breathe out.
Stress reduction methods that may work for you are:
- Deep breathing
- Massage and spa therapies
- Healthy eating
- Talking to friends, family members or professional counselor
- Visit your doctors for regular health checks: To really stay on top of your health, you’ll need to do more than just see you general practitioners when you fall ill. Preventive care is very important and getting a health checkup periodically helps in managing your health, preventing progression of health concerns and keeping you in pink of health!
- Go outside regularly: Women who spend more time in green spaces are happier, healthier and even more creative.
So take some time out to pamper and nourish yourself. Do reach out to us for any health concerns. At Syncremedies you can talk to doctors from Allopathy, Ayurveda and Homeopathy TOGETHER to find the most effective solution for your health concern. Connect with us for more information at +91 8884886567 or visit us at www.syncremedies.com.